Lesson 7: Bulk Load Data
Lesson 8: Performance
Lesson 9: Security
- Course Materials
Slide Guide (Transcript)
Join MapR Community Discussions
DEV 340 - Apache HBase Bulk Loading, Performance and Security
Targeted towards data architects and application developers, the goal of this course is to learn more about Architecting your HBase Applications for Performance and Security. This course covers how to bulk load data into HBase, Performance Considerations and Tips for designing your HBase application, Benchmarking and Monitoring your HBase Application, and MapR-DB Security. Concepts are conveyed through lectures, hands-on labs and analysis of scenario.
This course builds on DEV 320, 325 – HBase Data Model and Schema Design, and DEV 330 Developing HBase Applications.
This on-demand course is designed to be flexible to fit your schedule. Each lesson and quiz takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
- Option 1: Complete the course in one session, approximately 90 to 120 minutes
- Option 2: Complete the course over a few days, 3 days of 30-45min/day
Lab activities take additional time and vary based on your system.
Lesson 7 - Bulk Loading of Data
- Describe the bulk loading data process
- Use the ImportTsv bulk load tool
- Bulk load with MapReduce
- Pre-split tables
- Use ImportTsv and CopyTable to bulk load data
- Use a custom MapReduce program to bulk load data
Lesson 8 - Performance
- Define performance priorities based on data access patterns
- Define guidelines for schema design based on data access patterns and performance priorities
- Apply Java API performance tips
- Define region, row sizes, and performance guidelines
- Apply configuration performance tips
- Benchmark HBase application performance
- Performance Benchmarking with YCSB
Lesson 9 - Securing MapR-DB Tables
- Describe security fundamentals
- Understand MapR-DB Access Control
- MapR-DB tables authorization
- Taken HDE 100 - Hadoop Essentials, DEV 320 - HBase Data Model and Architecture, DEV 325 - HBase Schema Design, DEV 330 - Developing HBase Applications: Basics.
- A Linux, PC or Mac with a MapR Sandbox installed (on-demand course)
- Connected to a Hadoop cluster via SSH and web browser (for ILT or vILT course)
- Taken DEV 335 - Developing Apache HBase Applications: Advanced