Lesson 4: Build a Simple Apache Spark Application
Lesson 5: Monitor Apache Spark Applications
- Course Materials
Slide Guide (Transcript)
DEV 361 - Build and Monitor Apache Spark Applications (Spark v2.1)
In this course you will learn about the full Spark program lifecycle and SparkSession, along with how to build and launch standalone Spark applications. Also described are the components of the Spark execution model using the Spark Web UI to monitor Spark applications.
This is the second course in the Apache Spark v2.1 Series.
|Course Lessons||Lab Activities|
4: Build a Simple Apache Spark ApplicationDefine the Spark Program Lifecycle
Describe Ways to Launch Spark Applications
Launch a Spark Application
Import and Configure Application Files
Complete, Package, and Launch the Application
5: Monitor Apache Spark ApplicationsDescribe Logical and Physical Plans of Spark Execution
Use Spark Web UI to Monitor Spark Applications
Debug and Tune Spark Applications
Use the Spark UI
Find Spark System Properties
This course is part of the preparation for the MapR Certified Spark Developer (MCSD) certification exam.
- Completion of the MapR Academy on-demand courses: ESS 100 -102, and DEV 360
- Basic Hadoop knowledge and intermediate Linux knowledge
- Experience using a text editor such as vi
- Terminal program installed; familiarity with command-line options such as mv, cp, ssh, grep, cd, and useradd
- Knowledge of functional programming with Scala, and experience with SQL