MapR Certified Hadoop Developer 1.0 (MCHD)
Certifies specific technical knowledge, skills and abilities required to design, develop, deploy, and manage MapReduce programs in Java. MapR exams are non-refundable.
Topics covered in this certification are:
- HDFS and MapR-FS
- Writing a basic MapReduce program to solve a problem
- Using the MapReduce API
- Managing MapReduce job performance
- Working with different data in MapReduce programs
- Managing MapReduce workflows
- Writing streaming MapReduce applications
- Number of Questions: 60-80 questions
- Time Limit: 120 minutes
- $250 USD (Certification Fee is non-refundable)
- Passing score changes frequently based on the exam question set in use
- You will have up to 6 months to take the exam from the date you register
This is a proctored exam. You will connect to a service called Innovative Exams. You will share your screen and webcam with a human proctor. The proctor will release the exam and will watch you take it. You must use a Chrome browser on a computer that has a webcam. System compatibility may be viewed here. The proctor will ask you to scan the room to ensure that you are alone during your exam. You must agree to a set or rules prior to taking the exam. This code of conduct may be viewed on our website at www.mapr.com/mapr-certification-policies.
How to Prepare
- Complete this MapR Academy course
- We recommend studying the documents below, in addition to the coursework
Please see the Exam FAQ with more details.
Taking the Exam
- Purchase the exam
- Click the Continue to Innovative Exams. You will be signed in to Innovative Exams with Single-sign on.
- Find the exam you have purchased from the drop down list of exams
- Choose a date and time for your test session (must schedule your exam at least 24 hours in advance) subject to proctor availability
- Check your exam session confirmation email from Innovative Exams
- 30 minutes before the scheduled date and time, return to Innovative Exams, go to My Exams to begin your exam